Did you know that John Harbaugh and Jim Harbaugh, two famous NFL coaches, are actually brothers? They come from a family that loves football, with their dad also being a successful coach. While they may have the same profession, they are not twins – John is the older one.
These brothers have done a lot for the sport at both the college and professional levels. In fact, they’re the first set of siblings to become head coaches in the NFL!
So, there are these two brothers named John and Jim Harbaugh, and they’re both really successful in the world of football.
John has been the head coach of the Baltimore Ravens since 2008, and he’s led them to lots of victories, including a Super Bowl win in 2013. He’s known for being a really good leader and making smart strategies to help his team do well.
Jim used to be a player in the NFL, which is the professional football league in the US. He played for a bunch of different teams, and then he became a coach.
He was really successful as the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers, and even took them to the Super Bowl.
Both of these guys love football and work really hard at it, and that’s why they’re so good at what they do.
When they’re coaching, you can always expect a really intense and competitive game. They’re both really important and influential in the world of football.
Who is older John or Jim Harbaugh?
Did you know that John Harbaugh is actually older than his brother Jim Harbaugh? According to my research, John was born on September 23, 1962, while Jim was born on December 23, 1963. So, it’s official, John is the older brother!
Did Jim Harbaugh coach against John Harbaugh?
For those curious, if Jim Harbaugh has coached against his brother John in the past, the answer is yes. The two brothers have faced each other on notable occasions, including the Super Bowl XLVII, held on February 3, 2013.
Millions of fans around the world witnessed the Harbaugh Bowl, and it was the first time in NFL history that two brothers had coached opposing teams in a Super Bowl. John’s Ravens won the game with a final score of 34-31.
More information on this topic revealed that the Los Angeles Chargers hired Jim Harbaugh as their head coach on January 25, 2024, which will see him face the Baltimore Ravens and his brother John in the 2024 season.
Facts about John Harbaugh and Jim Harbaugh
- John William Harbaugh is an American football coach.
- He is currently the head coach for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League (NFL).
- John Harbaugh was born on September 23, 1962, in Perrysburg, Ohio.
- He attended Miami University in Ohio.
- Prior to joining the Ravens, he served as a special teams coordinator and defensive backs coach for the Philadelphia Eagles.
- John Harbaugh has been the head coach of the Baltimore Ravens since 2008.
- Under his leadership, the Ravens have had consistent success, including multiple playoff appearances and a Super Bowl victory in 2013.
- He was named the NFL Coach of the Year in 2019.
- John Harbaugh is known for his strong leadership, strategic approach to the game, and ability to make halftime adjustments.
- Jim Harbaugh is also an American football coach.
- He was born on December 23, 1963.
- Like his brother John, Jim Harbaugh played college football at the University of Michigan and then had a successful playing career as a quarterback in the NFL.
- After retiring as a player, he pursued a coaching career, starting in the college ranks before moving to the NFL.
- Jim Harbaugh was the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers from 2011 to 2014, leading them to three consecutive NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl appearance.
- In 2015, he became the head coach of his alma mater, the University of Michigan Wolverines.
- He returned to the NFL in 2024 as the head coach of the Los Angeles Chargers.
- Jim Harbaugh is known for his intense and competitive coaching style and has a reputation for developing quarterbacks.